NokScoot (XW, Bangkok Don Mueang) has formed a line maintenance joint venture with SIA Engineering Company, a subsidiary of Singapore Airlines Group.

The new company will initially operate at Bangkok Don Mueang prior to expanding to other key airports in Thailand, the firms said in a statement.

The JV will have an initial registered capital of THB63.7 million bahts (USD2 million). NokScoot will pay up THB32.5 million bahts (USD1 million) for a 51% stake, while SIA Engineering will take the remaining 49% stake for THB31.2 million (USD1 million).

"The joint venture will allow SIAEC to support NokScoot’s growing fleet in Thailand and grow SIAEC’s existing network of Line Maintenance International (LMI) stations to 34 airports in 7 countries outside Singapore," SIAEC CEO Png Kim Chiang said.

NokScoot, a long-haul low-cost specialist, itself is a 51/49 joint venture between Thailand's low-cost Nok Air (DD, Bangkok Don Mueang) and Scoot (TR, Singapore Changi), a subsidiary of Singapore Airlines. SIAEC is traded at the Singapore Exchange and is 77.4%-owned by Singapore Airlines Group.