Twitter Logo Facebook Logo LinkedIn Logo Google+ Logo RSS Logo
The World's leading Airline Intelligence Provider since 1998 | ch-aviation airline directory | ch-aviation data & advisory | Advertising

Airline Information

  • Merpati Airline Name
  • Out of Business Status







Scheduled Carrier
Founded: only visible to premium users
Out of Business: only visible to premium users

Legal Country

only visible to premium users


News show all

Jakarta abandons plans to resurrect defunct Merpati

The Indonesian government has reportedly abandoned plans to resurrect defunct domestic and regional carrier, Merpati (MZ, Jakarta Soekarno-Hatta), later this year after creditors pushed for full payment of all outstanding debts. Government, through the Ministry of Finance, owned a 93.8% stake in the airline with Garuda Indonesia (GA, Jakarta Soekarno-Hatta) holding the remaining 6.2%.

State-owned Merpati collapsed in February last year under IDR6.7trillion (USD549million) in debt owed to ...

Comac celebrates Chengdu Airlines ARJ21's maiden flight

Comac (Shanghai Pudong) has reached a milestone in its ARJ21-700 twinjet programme when airframe B-938L (cn 105) made its maiden flight in Shanghai Pudong on Wednesday, June 18, 2014.

The aircraft - China's first independently developed twin-engine regional airliner - is the first of thirty on order from launch customer Chengdu Airlines (EU, Chengdu) and is expected to be delivered in early 2015.

COMAC intends to complete all outstanding ground tests and flight tests in order to secure the ...

Jakarta likely to absorb Merpati's debt

Merpati (MZ, Jakarta Soekarno-Hatta) will likely be bailed out by the Indonesian government after the country's Coordinating Minister for Economics, Chairul Tanjung, said allowing the carrier to go bankrupt would prove far more costly.

Tanjung told the Antara News agency in the capital Jakarta that a inter-departmental committee would soon present its findings into a possible solution for the airline's debts, which are said to amount to more than IDR6.7trillion (USD549million).

"Several ...

Route Network Update for Merpati

This article is only available for ch-aviation pro subscribers.

Sukhoi, Xian Aircraft Co. eye takeover of Indonesia's Merpati

Merpati (MZ, Jakarta Soekarno-Hatta) has garnered the attention of Sukhoi Civil Aircraft (Moscow Zhukovsky) and Xian Aircraft Company (Xi'an Yanliang), both of whom have expressed an interest in taking over the now defunct Indonesian carrier.

The Jakarta Globe reports that both manufacturers have already sent a letter of interest to Indonesia's Minister of State-owned Enterprises, Dahlan Iskan.

Though Xian currently holds an advantage over its Russian counterpart given Merpati's ...


This content is restricted to ch-aviation ch-aviation basic and ch-aviation pro users. ch-aviation ch-aviation basic users can access regional partnerships, ch-aviation ch-aviation pro users can also get alliance and codeshare agreement details.
Premium users are able to get access to address, phone number and e-mail, average fleet age, alliance details, airline schedules including direct drilldowns into specific schedule displays by aircraft type, information on codeshare agreements (ch-aviation users only), subsidiaries and regional partners, aircraft not yet delivered (ch-aviation and users) and much more. Please click here for more details.