TransNusa (8B, Jakarta Soekarno-Hatta) has completed the required 100 hours of proving flights on its first ARJ21-700 and will begin revenue flights on April 18. In doing so, TransNusa will become the first none China-based operator of the aircraft type.

After taking delivery of PK-TJA (msn 186) in late 4Q 2022, TransNusa began the COMAC jet's proving flights in February this year. Indonesia's civil aviation regulations mandate 100 hours of flying before the plane can be introduced into commercial operations. FlightRadar24 ADS-B flight tracking data shows the aircraft primarily operating the proving flights on the Jakarta - Denpasar and Jakarta - Yogyakarta International sectors, with some flights also between Jakarta - Kuala Lumpur International and Jakarta - Johor Bahru. PK-TJA appears to have completed its proving flights on March 16, wrapping up with a 90 minute sector between Denpasar and Jakarta. There was unconfirmed speculation that the ARJ21 will debut on the carrier's new Jakarta - Kuala Lumpur route however TransNusa Managing Director Bayu Sutanto told ch-aviation the first revenue flights will be between Jakarta and Denpasar on April 18. "All pilots, engineers, and cabin attendant have already finished type rating training to operate the aircraft," he said.

PK-TJA seats 95 passengers in an all-economy configuration. TransNusa ordered thirty ARJ21s in early 2021 with deliveries anticipated to run through to 2026. TransNusa executives have previously spoken of using the aircraft type on a high frequency basis on short sectors.

The TransNusa ARJ21s are arriving on operating leases from China Aircraft Leasing Group (CALC). Notably, that lessor has a significant stake in TransNusa via a 72.8% shareholding in an entity called Aviation Synergy. That company owns Naga Pacific Holdings, which owns 49% of TransNusa. The remaining 51% belongs to PT Panca Global International Indonesia, an entity under the control of TransNusa vice chairman Leo Budiman.