Kamchatka Aviation Enterprise (PTK, Petropavlovsk Yelizovo) (KAP) has has suspended all Let 410 operations because of a shortage of spare parts for the Czech-made aircraft, the press service of the government of Kamchatka Krai in Russia’s Far East has told the Interfax news agency and broadcaster RBK.

“KAP JSC has stopped the operation of L 410 aircraft. This is due to the fact that the service life of some components and assemblies has expired. Difficulties with deliveries through parallel imports led to this situation,” the press service said. However, “this will not affect the transportation of passengers in any way, because the L 410 can be replaced by other aircraft, in particular helicopters.”

The regional government, which owns a 75% stake in the airline (Aurora (HZ, Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk) owns the other 25%), is now “actively involved” in solving the spare parts issues and is making every effort to help the state-owned carrier with “import substitution,” it added. It “is making every effort to ensure that [Rostec-owned manufacturer] Ural Civil Aviation Plant finally resolves the issues of maintaining airworthiness as the holder of the developer’s certificate. We think that the issue will be resolved in the near future. The timeframe for restoring flights depends on the resolution of these issues.”

Since Let Kunovice parent Aircraft Industries reverted to Czech ownership last year after Russia invaded Ukraine, the Ural factory has been tasked with creating replacement components for the turboprops.

Kamchatka Aviation Enterprise has five Let 410 aircraft in its fleet, according to the airline register that Russia’s civil aviation regulator (Rosaviatsiya) updated in July 2023. It also operates four An-26s, one An-28, three Yak-40s, and three Mil Helicopters.

It is the second Russian airline to suspend all Let 410 operations because of the expense involved in ensuring their airworthiness, after Komiaviatrans (KMA, Syktyvkar) did so in March 2023 “due to the general geopolitical situation and pressure of sanctions.”

According to Rosaviatsiya data, this leaves seven commercial operators of Let 410 aircraft in Russia - 2nd Arkhangelsk United Aviation Division, Aeroservis Chita, Gazpromavia, Khabarovsk Avia, KrasAvia, Polar Airlines, and SiLA-Avia - with a total of 28 such aircraft in their fleets. Another four are used for training cadets at the Ulyanovsk Civil Aviation Institute.