Finnair (AY, Helsinki Vantaa) has announced it will wet-lease an A320-200 from DAT LT (R6, Kaunas) between June 20 and October 29, 2022.

"DAT LT will be operating selected flights on our Helsinki Vantaa-Copenhagen Kastrup route in June, and on Oulu and Lisbon routes between July and October. The leased aircraft and crew are supporting Finnair's operational stability during the busy summer season," the Finnish carrier said.

The ch-aviation schedules module indicates that the aircraft will operate 2x daily between Helsinki and Copenhagen from June 20 through July 1. Subsequently, it will be deployed daily to Lisbon and 5x weekly to Oulu.

The ch-aviation fleets advanced module shows that Finnair's in-house narrowbody fleet comprises six A319-100s, ten A320-200s, and nineteen A321-200s. In turn, DAT LT's A320 Family fleet includes two A320-200s and one A321-200s. One of the A320s is wet-leased to Corendon Airlines Europe (XR, Malta Int'l) and the A321 to Corendon Airlines (XC, Istanbul Sabiha Gökcen), while the other A320 is currently in maintenance at Sofia airport. However, Chief Executive Jesper Rungholm confirmed to ch-aviation that the airline will add new A320s this summer. The Finnair ACMI contract will initially be operated y OY-RUH (msn 6749) - currently still in maintenance at Malta Int'l as 2-HXHU - and later with OY-RUY (msn 6733), currently at Amman Queen Alia as VP-CGZ.

DAT (Denmark) (DX, Kolding) and Finnair are already close partners as they jointly own the regional capacity provider NoRRA Nordic Regional Airlines (N7, Helsinki Vantaa). DAT owns a 60% stake, while the Finnish carrier controls the remaining 40%.

Even as Finnair wet-leases in capacity for its short- and medium-haul network, its long-haul operations remain stifled by the closure of the Russian airspace. As such, it has wet-leased two of its seventeen A350-900s out to EW Discover (4Y, Frankfurt Int'l).

Editorial Comment: The article updates with schedule details. - 01.06.2022 - 15:10 UTC