DAT - Danish Air Transport (DX, Kolding) has acquired 60% of NoRRA Nordic Regional Airlines (N7, Helsinki Vantaa), a regional subsidiary of Finnair, for an undisclosed sum. Finnair will control the remaining 40%.

A press release said the transaction still needs Finnish antitrust approval but, if accepted, will have no immediate impact on NoRRA's operations, personnel, or commercial relationship with Finnair.

The Finnish flag carrier purchased 60% of NoRRA's stock in November 2017 after the previous stakeholders, StaffPoint Holding Oy (45%) and Kilco Oy (15%), decided to end their involvement in the airline. Since then, Finnair has made it clear that its wholesale control of NoRRA's shareholding was on an interim basis until a new majority shareholder could be found. The carrier also said it would prefer an industry partner.

"We know there are great opportunities in a strategic partnership. We can strengthen our technical and operational knowledge. The companies have the same size and both fly with Avions de Transport RĂ©gional (Toulouse Blagnac) aircraft, which gives operating and purchasing advantages. With our knowledge on scheduled and charter flights, together with Norra's know how, we can develop the business together. And with new options on the E190 aircraft, that fits into our niche charter production," DAT Director Jesper Rungholm said.

According to the ch-aviation fleets module, NoRRA currently operates twelve ATR72-500s and twelve EMB-190LRs, all on behalf of Finnair. It does not operate in-house flights.

For its part, DAT has a strongly diversified business model. It operates five A320-200s, three ATR42s, four ATR72s, one MD-83, and one MD-82 while its subsidiary DOT LT (R6, Kaunas) operates one A321-200, six ATR42s, four ATR72s, and a single Saab 340A.

DAT operates in-house scheduled passenger flights in Denmark and Norway under its main brand, but also as Bornholmerflyet and Stordflyet. It also flies Public Service Obligation (PSO) routes between Sicily and smaller Italian islands as Volidisicilia (Palermo). DAT also operates charter flights out of Denmark.