Vule Airways (Entebbe/Kampala) is a nascent Ugandan budget carrier looking to start operating in the domestic, regional, and international scheduled passenger markets later this year.

According to a presentation posted last week, Vule Airways is controlled by international investors (45%) with local Ugandans including promoters holding the remaining 55%.

Operationally, Vule Airways plans to launch with six aircraft serving twenty destinations across Africa, Europe, and Asia.

It plans to use one Dash 8-200 to cover domestic Ugandan flights as well as thinner regional services to Rwanda, Burundi, Tanzania, Kenya, and Somalia. A single Dash 8-400 will be employed for denser regional services as well as those extending to Zimbabwe, Malawi, Mozambique, and Botswana while a trio of B737-700s will be used to serve South Africa, the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Nigeria, Angola, India, Israel, Namibia, and Russia. Lastly, a single B777-200(ER) will be sourced for flights to London Stansted, Bangkok Suvarnabhumi, and Guangzhou.

Vule Airways plans to launch in November this year and, to that end, has secured an Air Services Licence (ASL) from the Ugandan Civil Aviation Authority (UgCAA).